Sunday, April 19, 2009

Absolute Adoration Women's Conference Weekend


What an amazing weekend. I feel poured out- but in a good way. I was blessed to have Shannon travel up to Canada with me - she was such a fabulous support as I prepared for sharing with the women on Saturday morning at CLA. I was so thankful we had some time on Friday to visit with my parents. Dad made me his famous coconut cream pie and I enjoyed two bowls of their yummy beef barley soup! The women at CLA were great. Jasmine, Lisa and Shawna andn their team did an excellent job! What an amazing group of women! The decorating was so elegant and current. Everyone was warm and inviting. Tammy Trent's concert on Friday night was incredible. Her story was a powerful testimony of God's love for us and healing power in the midst of such deep loss and pain. Saturday morning was a special time. Worship was amazing and then gift giveaways from the Trade Show were spectacular. When I got up to share, it was a very vulnerable time, but I feel I was being obedient to what He asked me to share. There was an emphasises on the power of our words and how the words we speak are like seeds. Seeds of life or death. The Lord removed some seeds of death that had been spoken over women and taken root and replaced them with His promised words of truth and life. After I shared, many came up and encouraged me. Many asked how to purchase the songs I had sang. ( Which I am currently working on in the studio... stay tuned) A women came over and prophesied and her words were such a confirmation to all I have been sensing in my heart and seeing in my dreams lately. I had an opportunity to talk with other women who could relate to many of my struggles and it was a chance for me to encourage and minister to them and see the fruit of sharing my heart with them. This was a big weekend for me. In my minds eye I can see that I have been driving down the "highway of life" in the right hand lane when it comes to song writing, singing and speaking and this weekend it felt like God picked up me and placed me in the "fast lane" of His will. The blessing of knowing you are being obedient to what God has created you to be is indescribable.... there's nothing better than to feel Him smiling on you. Thank you to everyone who supported me in prayer this weekend- you were such a huge part of this weekends ministry. I have an expectant heart for all that is to come.